Your FMA membership provides benefits and services that are paid for by the FMA classified network.
If you haven’t already, you’ll want to take advantage of some of the following benefits:
- Audits provided by Circulation Verification Council (CVC).
- Annual Convention.
- A flat fee of $100.00 per room per night (which includes the hotel room, food, receptions, training sessions, and entertainment) for classified network members, according to the 2019 Board of Directors’ established attendance guidelines. Current guidelines are: For publications that SELL network classified ads: Up to 100K circulation, 2 rooms (with 2 persons per room, for a total of 4 attendees); 101-300K, 3 rooms (with a total of 6 attendees); 301-500K, 5 rooms (with a total of 10 attendees); and over 501K, 6 rooms (with a total of 12 attendees). For publications that only PLACE (but do not SELL) network classified ads: Up to 100K circulation, 1 room (with 2 persons, for a total of 2 attendees); 101-300K, 2 rooms (with 2 persons per room, for a total of 4 attendees); 301-500K, 4 rooms (with a total of 8 attendees); and over 501K, 5 rooms (with a total of 10 attendees). For publications that DO NOT SELL and DO NOT PLACE network classified ads: All attendance costs (hotel, meals and entertainment) are paid in full by the publication.
- Convention Idea Fairs. Earn cash awards. Share ideas. Fantastic opportunities to take home revenue-generating ideas.
- Annual FMA “Awards for Excellence” contest to honor our editorial and graphic service personnel.
- Nationally-recognized convention speakers.
- An opportunity to earn money through FMA’s classified network.
- Quarterly FMA newsletters.
- The Association of Free Community Publication’s (AFCP) Free Paper INK magazine. No cost to members.
- Training seminars provided. No cost.
- A successful tax lobby effort, still working for you.
- The Saturation Mailers Coalition, fighting for a positive postal rate, pricing, operation and service environment that benefits free paper publishers that mail.
- Promoting the free paper industry. FMA has budgeted funds to promote our industry to our readers and our outstanding value to both advertisers and consumers.
- A great opportunity to work together as a team to make Florida a better place to live!
- The FMA Website with association news, including classifieds for the current and following weeks; advertising information; links to member publications, associate members, and state, regional and national free paper organizations; and a list of Member Publications (with audited circulation figures).