The 2020 Joint Conference with AFCP is a "Don't Miss" event!
This year the Florida Media Association (FMA) is joining with the Association of Free Community Publications (AFCP) for a conference you don’t want to miss! And lucky for you, it’s right here in our back yard: “The City Beautiful”, Orlando.
The Keynote Speaker is Holly Hoffman, the last remaining member of the Espada Tribe and the last woman standing on Season 21 of the hit CBS reality show, “Survivor Nicaragua”. She promises, “As I share my experience of being on a reality show, I encourage you to think about how you decide to survive on a daily basis. Adversity is not so much contending with problems as it is learning more about who you really are and what is inside of you.”
In keeping with Holly’s theme, the Idea Exchange will have a “Survivor” twist as the participants battle it out presenting their money-making ideas. A live phone vote will determine who is voted out, leaving three finalists in the survivor challenge. A second live vote will then determine the winners. Want a chance to present your money-making idea? Click HERE to download the entry form, which must be submitted by 2/14/19!
Did we mention training? In addition to AFCP’s always popular The Leadership Institute (TLI) classes are 10 topical roundtable discussion sessions covering a wide variety of “Best Practices” and “Revenue Generating” ideas, along with a hands-on Management Certificate Program presented by Career Path. (Click HERE to download a brochure with in-depth information on the Management Certificate Program.) You’ll be energized by what you learn!
Add in the “Best of the Best” awards competition (yes, we’re joining AFCP’s awards program this year too!), the industry’s largest trade show, and plenty of opportunities for both networking and fun, and you have one of the most valuable and rewarding benefits of your membership in FMA.
A conference brochure with TLI class descriptions, the conference schedule, details on the Thursday evening reception, Friday evening tropical island-themed dinner (on an actual island!) and opportunities to “Explore Orlando” is available for download HERE.
Save the dates: April 23-24, 2020!
NEW THIS YEAR:
ROOM RESERVATION PROCEDURE
- You must contact the resort directly to book your hotel room!
- Reservations must be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058. You must use Group Code S/O 64-613 prior to the cutoff date to receive the group rates and to guarantee availability.
- Reservations must be made with the resort no later than the cutoff date of 3/20/20!
- All reservations require a minimum deposit equal to one night’s room and tax to be charged to a major credit card.
- The room rate for a 493 sq. ft. Studio Villa is $89/night, plus a resort fee of $12.99/night, for a total of $101.99/night.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- The cost for Level 1 and Level 3 FMA members is $199 per person for reservations made UP TO AND INCLUDING 2/28/20.
- The cost for Level 1 and Level 3 FMA members is $299 per person for reservations made AFTER 2/28/20.
- The cost for Level 2 and Level 4 FMA members is $599 per person.
- The cost for guests (i.e. spouses, children) is $249 per person for meals only, no sessions.
- The cost for non-network participants is $599 per person.
- Click HERE to be taken to the conference registration site.
"BEST OF THE BEST" AWARDS COMPETITION
- Entries must be postmarked no later than 1/24/20!
- If you are an FMA member BUT NOT also a NANI participant, your first 25 entries are free and additional entries are $10 each.
- If you are an FMA member AND also a NANI participant, your first 25 entries are free and additional entries are $5 each.
- For complete rules, categories and forms, click HERE.
- For the “Buy Local” advertising design contest details (category 48), click HERE.
- And if you’d like to design the back of this year’s conference T-shirt, click HERE to download the entry form. Entries for the T-Shirt Design Contest are due by 2/21/20.